Re: Tie engraver

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Tie engraver
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 07:06:47 -0500

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 6:58 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

Andrew,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:46 AM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Urs and David,

Thanks so much. Yes, my chords are in voices so the slurs all face the same direction accordingly. I was completely unaware of this aspect of engraving. I had better study more scores and order that copy of Behind Bars!

But then the question becomes transformed - can you tell the tie engraver for a voice to override its default behaviour, even though that may be technically incorrect? I have literally several hundred I need to tweak.

No easy way that I know of.  Or, rather, no way that doesn't involve a lot of copied code from various files.  The attached should make life easier, but note that it won't work in at least one construct.

P.S.. You might just comment out the line in direction-polyphonic-grobs in music-functions.scm to avoid the ugly code duplication.  I wouldn't, personally.