Re: Anyone up for a Scheme code review?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Anyone up for a Scheme code review?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:52:53 +1000

Hi Steven,

Putting the parens on separate lines as one might do with C braces is normally not done in the LISP/Scheme/Racket world. Any proper editor can do paren matching, including Frescobaldi. Frescobaldi can format Scheme fairly well. Emacs of course has various modes for Scheme which make indention and bracket matching so simple that they become transparent.

In the interests of maintainability, I think it is better to learn the accepted Scheme practice of how brackets are laid out.

With an editor that has built in understanding of Scheme, I am sure Scheme and you will soon be getting along just dandy!

LISP of course is an acronym for Lots f Irritating Single Parentheses.

Andrew