Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?

From: tyronicus
Subject: Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:20:46 -0700 (MST)

Joshua Nichols wrote
> I'm looking for something other than minion pro. It also needs to have
> serifs (if not clear by the indication in the subject). What do you all
> use
> (free or otherwise)?

I use Crimson, which imitates Minion in a lot of ways, so I'm not sure if
it's what you're looking for.

It's a little light, so I made it heavier and condensed it, then called the
weight "Crimson Lyrics." I don't know anything about font licensing, but it
looks like I would just need to change the name before I could legally make
it available to you if you were interested.

Here's an old blog post <http://samuelspeer.com/blog/2014/crimson-lyrics/>
with a picture of the modifications, although I have tweaked it more since
then. (I think I initially overdid it.)