Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:25:59 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:20 AM, tyronicus [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Joshua Nichols wrote
I'm looking for something other than minion pro. It also needs to have
serifs (if not clear by the indication in the subject). What do you all use
(free or otherwise)?
I use Crimson, which imitates Minion in a lot of ways, so I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for.

It's a little light, so I made it heavier and condensed it, then called the weight "Crimson Lyrics." I don't know anything about font licensing, but it looks like I would just need to change the name before I could legally make it available to you if you were interested.

Here's an old blog post with a picture of the modifications, although I have tweaked it more since then. (I think I initially overdid it.)

Nice work! OFL requirements say that you can't use the SAME name for your font since it is a derivative. Calling it "Crimson Lyrics" should be just fine, assuming this is the base family name and not a weight name.

- Abraham