Re: [AFIM.INFO] TENOR 2015: First International Conference on New Techno

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: [AFIM.INFO] TENOR 2015: First International Conference on New Technologies for Music Notation and Representation
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:49:57 -0700

Hi,

I'll be there reading a paper about Abjad coauthored with Josiah Oberholtzer, Jeff Treviño and Victor Adán. Jeff will be there with me to help present (but Josiah and Victor will be staying in the US during the conference). I think we're presenting at 10:20 am on Saturday (May 30) at the Maison de la Recherche. Anyone who's in Paris that weekend should mail and perhaps we could meet for coffee before or after.

The paper we put together on Abjad is modeled in part on Han-Wen and Jan's introductory LilyPond paper they presented in Firenze years ago. LilyPond (and Python) are what have made Abjad possible for many years now. And so it's a pleasure to finally acknowledge the fact in an academic setting.

Looking forward to perhaps meeting some new faces in Paris.

Trevor.