Re: Haydn bug fix

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Haydn bug fix
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 13:24:12 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Noeck [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Abraham,

is this specific for 2.18 or how could this 'bug' in the score happen? I
mean, usually LP does such horizontal spacings very well, why not here?
And then I was it solved. I am just curious.

You and me both. My experience has been that it rarely happens in 2.18.X. In the code, there's nothing unusual, no overrides, tweaks, etc. The original score was compiled in 2.18.2 and had the spacing bug. I recompiled it with 2.19.18 and the horizontal alignment was fixed. It is my (rather ignorant) understanding that there was some work to improve situations like this (like was shown inĀ http://lilypondblog.org/2014/02/massive-improvement-in-lilyponds-horizontal-spacing/), but I don't know if it the improvements were ever put back in a 2.18.X version.

- Abraham