my favorite bug :-)

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: my favorite bug :-)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 09:47:25 +0200 (CEST)

This issue has been reported in the mailing list some time ago - I think it was David Kastrup who discovered it - but I can't find it anywhere in the buglist or in the docs.

Did you know it is not possible/allowed to name a lilypond file "align.ly" or "lines.ly"? On my Fedora system I can find all the names that suffer from this bug by typing

#ls /usr/share/ghostscript/9.15/lib/*.ps

all these filenames (minus .ps) can not be used as lilypond inputfiles (plus
.ly)

for example create a file "lines.ly" with a minimal content

\version "2.19.19"
{c' d' e' f'}

and compile ...

Fortunately there are no prelude.ps, etude.ps, or sonata.ps in the ghostscript files ;-)

--

MT