Re: my favorite bug :-)

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: my favorite bug :-)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 15:20:19 +0200

Is this a similar bug to that I posted to the bug-list already? Namely, that ghostscript fails entirely (and thus lilypond fails to compile entirely) on recent versions of lilypond? As I said there, I'm using gs 3.19, on a self-compiled version of lilypond-3.19.20. I cannot compile even a simple four-note example, due to errors in the gs-to-pdf conversion (or, at least, some failure within ghostscript itself).

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Johan Vromans <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 1 May 2015 08:28:17 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > If the intermediate file would be given a unique, not already
> > existing, temporary filename, not only this issue would be solved but
>
> Solved for some, problem for others.  I don't want to have to guess
> what my final manuscript is named.  If I start with example.ly I know
> that example.pdf is my target.  Scripts can deal with that easily.

Only the intermediate files (the ones you shouldn't have to know and worry
about) get unique, generated file names. Your desired output file names will
be unaffected by the proposed change.

-- Johan