Re: Overlapping chords

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Overlapping chords
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 04:51:34 +0000 (UTC)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy <at> druid.net> writes:

> GNU LilyPond 2.16.2
> Linux imp 3.13.0-51-generic #84-Ubuntu SMP
> Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
>
> > > ef2.:maj13 c4:9.5-
>
> Not sure how to make it any tinier.  Did you mean that you needed more
> context?

'tiny example' is jargon for a complete example that demonstrates the
difficulty, and can be put into LilyPond to get output.

\version "2.16.2"
\language "english"
<< \new ChordNames \chordmode {ef2.:maj13 c4:9.5-}
   \new Staff {ef'2 g'4 g'} >>

People who read the email list are likely to think "I use chordnames like
this all the time and get nice output" but if they try themselves to use
LilyPond to do what you are trying, it will likely work for them.

In this case, I think it is a bug fixed soon after version 2.16