Re: Fedora 21 and lilypond 2.19.19

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Fedora 21 and lilypond 2.19.19
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 00:04:42 +1000

Further to this issue, I can run the gs command from the command line and it correctly produces the PDF output. Warnings are issued from gs about font subsets being embedded due to the large fonts I am using:

gs -q -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=./sonata.pdf -c.setpdfwrite -fsonata.ps
GPL Ghostscript 9.15: Can't embed the complete font LinLibertineO as it is too large, embedding a subset.
GPL Ghostscript 9.15: Can't embed the complete font LinBiolinumO as it is too large, embedding a subset.
GPL Ghostscript 9.15: Can't embed the complete font LinLibertineOI as it is too large, embedding a subset.

So it seems that the warning is being treated as a fatal error, which does not happen on Ubuntu. I don’t seem to be able to ignore the warning with the usual lilypond mechanism, and I don’t see why I need to merely because I am on Fedora.

Andrew