Re: no score displayed

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: no score displayed
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 12:48:43 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel,
Thank you for the info.  I use frecobaldi v2.18 to generate the template. Please note my previous email about 2 minutes ago.
Immanuel,
Ming

On Sunday, May 3, 2015 8:40 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

MING TSANG wrote Sunday, May 03, 2015 11:48 AM

> I coded soprano staff to bar 20 ---- compile in v2.19.19 and no notes displayed.

> Then I continue to code piano-right staff to bar 6  ---- compile in v2.19.19 and I can see notes appear on soprano staff but only up to bar 7 's first g'2.  Partial bar 7 to bar 20 disapear.  Piano-right display bar 1-6 as expected.  However, bar 7 -20 also displayed with staff lines.  Piano-left staff display bar 1 as expected because only bar 1 is coded.

> Then I switch to compile v2.18  all 20 bar of soprano staff appears, however piano-right staff display all 6 bars that is coded. Bar 7 - 20 display staff lines (no notes are expected - not coded yet).  piano-left display as expected.    Strange .....

This is a consequence of Issue 2010, I believe, applied to version 2.19.16, which seems to do strange things when contexts terminate before others.  In developing the satb.ly built-in template I found I had to ensure all contexts which run out of notes prematurely had to be kept alive to avoid strange effects like this.

I suggest you consider using the built-in template for simple vocal pieces

(see
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/built_002din-templates)
which you may find easier to use anyway and which avoids this effect.  I've attached your source code converted to use it, as a teaser.

Trevor