Re: Spoken text without

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Spoken text without
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 21:37:46 +0100

Peter Schütt

> I have song with a spoken part after the bridge (without a note).
>
> The Instruments shall keep the last note and after the short spoken part
> the song continues.
>
> How can I put this spoken part in Lilypond?
[..]

It depends what you want to do exactly, that's why a short example showing the
missing bit is helpful.  So, as Phil suggested, \markup might be what you want,
or maybe you could put it in quotes as one long element of the lyrics, attached
to the holding note.  There's a section in the Notation Reference which shows
these two ideas:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/opera-and-stage-musicals#dialogue-over-music

Trevor