Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 09:17:52 -0700 (MST)

Janek,

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Janek Warchoł [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've got a handful of others (perfect for this purpose and just beautiful in
> general) that I'd be willing to recreate from some nice scanned samples if
> anyone was willing to sponsor the effort.

How much sponsoring would you need?

This is a good question. For me, text fonts are MUCH harder to create than music fonts. Most of the specimens I have have true small-caps and standard ligatures (ff, fi, fl, ffi, ffl). I'll try to get some sample images that I can post for community voting so I can prioritize my efforts.

For a single text font, I'd be willing to go with $100 per variant (roman, italic, bold, bold-italic) where I've got specimens available, but just know that this is very much a low-ball value for the design work, so anything more than that is very much appreciated.. If several people could each contribute around $25 (or at least pledge to do so upon completion), that would be enough to get me going on the roman variant.

- Abraham