Re: Problem with repeats: stray bar line

From: Tobias Braun
Subject: Re: Problem with repeats: stray bar line
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 23:39:29 +0200

Hi Steven, thanks for the reply.

But I'm not really in 3/4 in those measures, am I? I mean, together with the
partial measure at the very beginning, the alternative measures add up to 4/4
again, right? Unfolding all the repeats should give a proper 4/4 piece where
the partial measure at the beginning and the so-called 3/4 measure at the end
add up to 4/4 again. So this is kind of a limitation of LilyPond's \repeat
expression, I guess?

I suppose you were referring to the "\set Timing.measureLength" bit in the
documentation. I've read that, but I wasn't sure if the criteria described
there applied to my exact situation and I thus didn't understand how to
actually apply that workaround to my minimal example.

(Btw: Is there a way to tell the documentation to stick to English without
having to switch my whole system to English or something? I keep clicking
"English" at the bottom of the page, but when navigating around, it will always
revert to German (my system language) sooner or later. Very annoying when
working with an English markup language that is LilyPond, posting to an English
mailing list, and googling for solutions in English.)

Tobias