Re: can Keep_alive_together_engraver be temporarily suspended?

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: can Keep_alive_together_engraver be temporarily suspended?
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 16:22:08 +0200

I have

  PianoStaff
  <<
    Staff
    Dynamics
    Staff
    Pedals

By default, the PianoStaff \consists “Keep_alive_together_engraver”, and this is generally perfect for me. I have one section of my current score in which I would like to reduce the piano part to just the upper staff.

I tried \remove-ing the engraver, but a lot of horrible things happened (e.g., the Dynamics disappeared!?), and in my current deadline crunch, I don’t have time to properly bug-fix that if there’s a quick way to just pull out the lower staff for a few measures.

Where do you use \RemoveEmptyStaves? Try moving it to the lower Staff and not the PianoStaff. I don’t know how your score is organised … is that an option for you?
Like this:

\version "2.19.15"

\new PianoStaff \with {
  \remove "Keep_alive_together_engraver"
} <<
  \new Staff \relative c' {
    \clef "treble"
    c1 \break c1
  }
  \new Dynamics {
    s1\f s1\p
  }
  \new Staff \with {
    \RemoveEmptyStaves
  } \relative c {
    \clef "bass"
    c1 R1
  }
  \new Dynamics {
    s1\sustainOn s1\sustainOff

Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de