Re: resetOctaveCheck cannot be removed with a tag

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: resetOctaveCheck cannot be removed with a tag
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 03:22:16 +0000 (UTC)

Reinhold Kainhofer <lists <at> kainhofer.com> writes:

> I'm trying to store that part into a separate variable and use
> resetRelativeOctave for the octave jumps. I'm tagging those
> resetRelative and try to filter them out for the first occurrance or for
> the repetition. Unfortunately, tagging resetRelatativeOctave and
> filtering out with removeWithTag does NOT work.

You had a \relative applied before the \remove-with-tag

\transpose f c {
  \removeWithTag #'A {
    \relative c' {
      f2 f
      \tag #'A \resetRelativeOctave c''
      c2 c }}}

so the octaves of the pitches were determined while your \resetRelativeOctave
was still in place.  You need to apply the \relative after removing the tags
but before the transpose.

\transpose f c {
  \relative c' {
    \removeWithTag #'A {