Guitar bends together with slides

From: Martyn Quick
Subject: Guitar bends together with slides
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 16:03:06 +0000 (UTC)

For those of us who use Lilypond to typeset guitar music, we are aware that one has to apply some slightly dirty tricks to make bends work together with hammer-on/pull-offs.  This is well established, can be found referred to in the documentation for the guitar bends code, and has been discussed on this list.

What about combining bends with slides?  Essentially one needs to do the same sort of thing, so I guess one would have to use hidden notes, adjust the shape of the slurs, but also do something with the glissando notation.  Any advice?

Martyn