Re: How many lilypond users are there?

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: How many lilypond users are there?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 12:38:25 +0200

> For example, I am having difficulty with the standard binary distribution
> on Fedora 21, which will not compile files using fonts with large
> character sets such as Linux Libertine (defect report just submitted). I
> was led to muse that if there are only four or five people in the world
> using lilypond on Fedora 21, this sort of issue may never get fixed, for
> lack of audience numbers and developer resources.

I'm using ArchLinux and can't talk about Fedora.
However:
lilypond and denemo are in the standard ArchLinux package repository
Frescobaldi and lilypond-devel are in AUR which requires some additional
work to install these packages.

Frescobaldi currently has 68 votes to be included in standard which
I interpret as "there are at least 68 ArchLinux users using Frescobaldi
to do lilypond". Given that denemo is in standard there probably are
even more using that package. And there might be those that use emacs
or some other editor and the cmdline.

All of the above for ArchLinux alone :)

Having said that:
Do you have a small example to show your problem ?
I'd be willing to test that on ArchLinux standard and lilypond-devel
to see whether is works here.

Best wishes,
Michael
--