Re: Higher-level score handling needed? (was: Do we really offer the fu

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Higher-level score handling needed? (was: Do we really offer the future?)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 08:36:44 +0200

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:18:19 +0200
Jacques Menu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Or maybe the user should start from the global architecture of the score
> (number of systems, staves and bars, where the repeats/alternatives occur
> and for how many times, where vertical spacing should be augmented, …)

When working on a (new) score, my highest priority is to get all the notes
and rests and articulations and lyrics and so on in their correct places.
In this stage, the above approach could be very useful, since it would be
possible to render the score, or even the actual part that is being worked
on, very fast.

Only when the contents of the score are technically okay, the more tedious
and slower process of typesetting needs to begin.

-- Johan