Re: Odd note placement

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Odd note placement
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 09:09:58 +0200

Hi Guy,

I'm not sure why LP's missing lyrics to new voice association.
Anyway, you can easily avoid this by putting :

    \new Voice
      {
        \voiceTwo
        c''8 |
        g'4 f' e' |
      }
    \new Lyrics \lyricmode { Al8 -- le4 -- lu -- ia }

instead.

'Hope that helps a bit.
Cheers,
Pierre

All,

I cannot figure out why LP is doing this. The snippet is below. Note the second to last blank measure and the following measure with the b-flat, a "chord" which should not be a chord. The two notes should not be simultaneous. The "problem" seems to be the Lyrics added to the temporary polyphonic context "soptwomusic" - if they are removed, the final two pitches are engraved correctly in two separate measure. Add the Lyrics and you see the result. You do see the result, don't you? :-)

I'm using LP 2.19 with Frescobalci 2.18.x. on a Win7 computer.

<code>
\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "letter")
}

global = {
  \key d \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \autoBeamOff
}

% soprano music here

sopranomusic = {
  \global
  \time 3/4
  <<
    {
      \voiceOne
      fs''4 fs'' fs'' |
      a'2. |
      b''4 b'' b'' |
      c'''2. |
    }
    { \new Voice
      {
        \voiceTwo
        ds''4 ds'' ds'' |
        a'2. |
        fs''4 fs'' fs'' |
        a''2. |
  >> \oneVoice
  c''4 g'8 c' g'
  <<
    {
      \voiceOne
      c''8 |
      b'2. |
    }
    { \new Voice = "soptwomusic"
      {
        \voiceTwo
        c''8 |
        g'4 f' e' |
      }
    } \new Lyrics = "soptwomusic" \lyricsto "soptwomusic" {
      Al -- le -- lu -- ia
    }
  >> \oneVoice
  bf'2. |