Re: [OT] can InstrumentName padding centered according to the longest in

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [OT] can InstrumentName padding centered according to the longest instrument name?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 11:22:40 -0400

Hi Urs,

>>> When I used Finale, I was dissatisfied with a lot

>> Who wasn’t (or, poor souls, isn’t currently)?  ;)
> The editors of the last big composers (print) edition, who are just happy
> that it is so easy to drag stuff where they want to see it …

Being happy about that (and potentially many other things) isn’t mutually
exlusive from being dissatisfied with it a lot.  ;)

I’m happy about a lot of things with Lilypond, but also dissatisfied with
certain things… The reasons I stick with her — and will never go back to Finale
or Sibelius or similar, if I can help it — are that my ratio of satisfaction to
dissatisfaction is much higher, and the path to improving the things I’m
dissatisfied with is easier, cheaper, and faster.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info