Re: Transparent bar line leaves lines between staves

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Transparent bar line leaves lines between staves
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 11:47:31 -0700

Thanks, that works.

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Knute,

> In this snippet, there are "pieces" of the bar line left between the staves.  Is this a bug?

No. You’ve only hidden the BarLine (which lives within the Staff), not the SpanBar (which lives between connected Staff contexts of a PianoStaff).

Instead, use:

notes = { c8 d e d e f | e f g f g a | }
rh = \relative c'' \notes
lh = \relative c \notes

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 6/8
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      \global
      \clef treble
      \rh
    }
    \new Staff {
      \global
      \clef bass
      \lh
    }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \hide BarLine
      \hide SpanBar

Note also that I use the shortcut \hide, for convenience.  =)

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info