Re: ossia staff without SystemStartBar / Bracket / Brace

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: ossia staff without SystemStartBar / Bracket / Brace
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 22:55:48 +0200

Hello Thomas,

Am 15.05.2015 um 21:00 schrieb Thomas Schuch:

Am 14.05.2015 um 23:46 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Hello,

sometimes, if something is very difficult to achieve in Lilypond, it’s just not a very good idea to do. This is one of those cases: Lily has a knack of wanting to produce output complying to usual notation standards, and it would be perfectly normal to have the span bar
that should read: system start delimiter.
span the ossia staff also. Not only that, it’s even necessary to clarify that it does not belong to a separate system. So no, there is no easier way, and for a good reason. See also <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/modifying-single-staves#ossia-staves>, in case you shouldn’t have read it already.

Yours, Simon