Re: lilypond, frescobaldi, and Fedora 22

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: lilypond, frescobaldi, and Fedora 22
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 19:05:52 +0200

Il giorno sab 16 mag 2015 alle 17:40, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> ha scritto:
In Fedora 22 the "yum" command has been replaced by "dnf".
Unfortately "dnf remove remove lilypond" automatically also removes the "python-ly" and "frescobaldi" packages. And if I do "dnf install frescobaldi" the Fedora lilypond package is automatically installed. Both I don't want. I want to use the lilypond installer from the Lilypond website, and I want to install frescobaldi and python-ly from the Fedora 22 repository.

Why don't you leave lilypond package installed (even if it doesn't work) and set the lilypond downloaded from the website as default in Frescobaldi? (plus if you place it in a path with higher priority it will be the default also on the command line)