Re: Changing staff

From: Peter Heisen
Subject: Re: Changing staff
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 14:41:57 -0700

Marco,

I did not see PIerre's e-mail prior to sending my own.  I notice that our example files are slightly different but both perfectly valid.

Regards,

Pete

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Peter Heisen <address@hidden> wrote:
Marco,

I may not understand what you are asking.  Section 3.3.1 of the notation manual, "Including LilyPond Files", describes the use of \include.  The \include command substitutes the contents of "filename.ly" wherever "\include "filename.ly"" is placed.  (Sometimes the component files are named "*.ily" rather than "*.ly" to indicate that they will not compile on their own.)  The component files typically contain variable definitions that are \include-ed at the top of the master file.  Then the variables are called where needed.  I've attached files that, if placed in a common directory, compile to the result you are looking for using 2.18.2.

Regards,

Pete H.