Re: a proper whiteout function

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: a proper whiteout function
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 13:14:25 -0500

Hi Paul,

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
> On May 18, 2015, at 3:59 AM, Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> this looks very nice! One thing I notice is that the size of the
> objects changes, influencing the spacing. But that's probably easy to
> fix.

Thanks!  Yes I noticed that horizontal spacing is increased since the stencil is wider (but maybe not vertical spacing? at least not in my limited observation...).  So yes there should be a way to adjust for this so the spacing stays the same -- maybe as an option since one might want either behavior depending on the case.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to achieve such a spacing adjustment?

Could you use ly:make-stencil with zeroed extent for the offset stencils?

David