custom markup help

From: Damian leGassick
Subject: custom markup help
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 12:24:09 +0100

Hello list

I'm trying to get a markup to help with repetitive addition of scale-degrees
with carats

I've got this far, but it's not picking up the new default baseline-skip value

\version "2.18.0"

#(define-markup-command (sd layout props sdnum) (markup?)
  #:properties ((baseline-skip 0.5))
  "Put a number with a carat above the note."
  (interpret-markup layout props
    #{\markup \override #`(baseline-skip . ,baseline-skip)
              \column { \small {^ #sdnum }}    #}))

{g^\markup {\sd 3}}

any clues?

ideally i'd like to be able to write something like

{g^\sd{3}}

any assistance much appreciated

thanks as always

Damian