Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18.1

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18.1
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 22:09:17 +0200

Il giorno lun 25 mag 2015 alle 19:20, William Marchant <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I now have Frescobaldi 1.18.1 installed along with python-ly 0.9.2.
Now I get the message 'Could not load the popplerqt4 module'. Without the interactive music view, Frescobaldi is a real bummer. I have downloaded poppler-0.33.0 and poppler-data-0.4.7, but I don't know what to do now. Help please. I am using ubuntu 14.04 .

This is the main FAQ for Frescobaldi installation :-)
Do you have python-poppler-qt4 installed? Which version?

It should be all about the versions you are using, so paste here the output of these two commands:

$ frescobaldi -V
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Frescobaldi: 2.18.1
Python: 2.7.10rc1
python-ly: 0.9.2
Qt: 4.8.7
PyQt: 4.11.3
sip: 4.16.7
poppler: unknown
python-poppler-qt: unknown
OS: Linux-4.0.0-1-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid

$ aptitude show python-poppler-qt4 | grep Version
Version: 0.16.3-2+b5

I'm on debian sid but you should have the same version of this package:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/python-poppler-qt4