A question about scores and parts from a blind user

From: Daniel Contreras
Subject: A question about scores and parts from a blind user
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 19:56:12 -0500

Hello everyone,
I am attempting to finish and arrangement to a song for three brass parts. I'm
not sure I fully grasp the understanding of the \include and its function. I
have one file which contains all of the variables that I am using as well as
the layout of the score. What I am trying to do, is used that file to create my
parts. I have created a trumpet part file, and when I compile it using the
variable from the score file, it returns to me a 7 or 8 page long pdf. this
doesn't seem right to me, as the score itself is only five or six pages long.
The part for the trumpet should be in my estimation around two or three pages
long. I have compressed the multi measure rest. Can anyone tell me why my
compilation is so large? Is it including the entire score all over again?
Thanks for any help. Sorry I was unable to provide a tiny example, I had to
step away from my computer a little bit LOL.

Daniel Contreras