Re: Hairpin at an angle, parallel to glissando line

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Hairpin at an angle, parallel to glissando line
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 12:17:42 +0200

Hello David,

Maybe this snippet can help you :

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=562

JM

Le 26 mai 2015 à 08:53, David G <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hello all,

Does anyone have any tips for achieving the effect in the attached image?

<image.png>

Effectively I want to make it automatically parallel to the glissando - there are two or three in the piece I'm engraving.

Firstly I was hoping to be able to create a second voice of glissandos and override its style to be a hairpin, but that doesn't appear to be an option.

Secondly I tried to change the glissando style to a normal single line for a glissando, and then set the notes such that it looked like a hairpin (i.e. in this instance - treble clef - C and A both glissandoing to something like a low B) which is slightly fiddly but should at least remain roughly correct regardless of layout changes/end of line etc., but doing that also changed the trill-style glissando to a single line so I didn't pursue that further.

So thirdly I'm looking at the rotate hairpin option, which I guess makes it possible to achieve manually in each case, as there are not all that many instances, but will presumably need tweaking if there are any future layout changes.

Have I missed something? I feel like the second way ought to be achievable but I can't work out how to set the glissando style independently in different voices, if that is possible. If there is a more graceful way of doing it that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help!