can baseline-skip be absolute?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: can baseline-skip be absolute?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:54:29 -0400

Hello all,

For many of the markup items in my scores, I use Lilypond’s built-in
\abs-fontsize function, and Mike Solomon’s useful \absFontsize extension
(designed for grobs that don’t respond to \abs-fontsize).

In general, this is (for me) superior to using relative font sizes, since I
have more exact control over the look of my scores. However, there are a few
limitations.

The first one I’d like to overcome is that baseline-skip is necessarily
relative. Hence I can’t (e.g.) define a single bookTitleMarkup and use it in
multiple score types with different basic staff sizes: the baseline-skip of my
instrumental part (staff size 18.5) is larger than the baseline-skip of my full
score (staff size 13.5).

Is there any way to set baseline-skip in absolute measurements?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info