Is Sibelius really as bad as this?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Is Sibelius really as bad as this?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 19:06:08 +0100

(Sorry, I forgot to compress the xml, so this didn't get through ... here it is
again)

I often take sonatas from IMSLP and transpose them for treble recorder.
Recently I looked at one which had apparently been typeset with Sibelius
with MusicXML output which I used to re-typeset in LilyPond. Attached
are the two typesets.
I was surprised how bad the Sibelius one was (I did no "tweaks" to the
LilyPond one, just made up for a few deficiencies in Denemo's import).
Is Sibelius really this bad (ties treated as slurs, dotted rhythms with
the dots too far away ...)?
Perhaps, despite being a recent upload, this was an ancient version of
Sibelius (it costs to upgrade I imagine). If anyone with a modern
Sibelius would care to import the MusicXML attached, I would be curious
to know just how far ahead of the game LilyPond is.
(Oh, and the Sibelius-generated PDF does not render with Evince, but
that is another issue I presume).

Richard