Re: Is Sibelius really as bad as this?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Is Sibelius really as bad as this?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 09:29:09 +0100

On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 15:59 -0400, Stephen MacNeil wrote:
> In frescobaldi the tie was picked up as a slur

Ah! I see, in fact Johann was right in the first place, these ties have
been entered as slurs in Sibelius, it is just that, by chance in bar 4
LilyPond generated acceptable-looking ties by drawing slurs in this
case.
Changing from ties to slurs, LilyPond generated something slightly
different - I'm not sure which is more acceptable. I enclose snapshots
of Sibelius's completely unacceptable output (due to user error) and
LilyPond's with the same error (slur for tie) and with proper ties.

Richard