beaming problem

From: Stephen MacNeil
Subject: beaming problem
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 10:55:21 -0400

Haipeng

Lily isn't wrong as there is no indication on grouping. 5/4 and 6/4 can be grouped many ways is 5/4 2+3 3+2 1+4 etc. The same as 6/4 3+3 2+2+2 2+4 etc. Anyway I think sibelius just chose a default and you happened to want that. Or, your some how indicated to it that is what you wanted. Anyway, to group it like that

\score {

\new Staff \relative c'' {

\clef treble \time 2/4

b16 b b b b b b b |

\time 3/4

b b b b b b b b b b b b |

\time 4/4

b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b |

\time 5/4

% disable beamExceptions

\set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()

%%%

% beat

\set beatStructure = #'(3 2)

\repeat unfold 20 b

\time 6/4

\set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()

\set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)

\set beatStructure = #'(3)

\repeat unfold 24 b

However the following is more clear IMHO

\score {

\new Staff \relative c'' {

\clef treble \time 2/4

b16 b b b b b b b |

\time 3/4

b b b b b b b b b b b b |

\time 4/4

b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b |

\time 5/4

% disable beamExceptions

\set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()

%%%

\set subdivideBeams = ##t

\set beatStructure = #'(3 2)

\repeat unfold 20 b

\time 6/4

\set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()

\set subdivideBeams = ##t

\set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)

\set beatStructure = #'(3)

\repeat unfold 24 b

you can also use [ ] to manually set the beams

{\time 6/4 b [b b b b b b b b b b b] b [b b b b b b b b b b b] |}

HTH
Stephen