Re: Is Sibelius really as bad as this?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Is Sibelius really as bad as this?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:52:42 -0400

Hi Ali,

> I would think (trying to think business) that tweaking a score in Sib is
> faster than in lily.

With the edition-engraver, I would offer (based on a fair bit of experience
now) that *creating* tweaks in Lilypond are within a small percentage,
time-wise, of *creating* tweaks in Sibelius or Finale.

Unfortunately, “creating tweaks” in Sibelius is essentially indistinguishable
from “executing tweaks”, whereas in Lilypond we require recompilation, and that
time can increase the gap significantly, depending on the size of the score
you’re dealing with. [n.b., The GridLY project of Urs et al. might mitigate
this.]

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer