Re: A slur across a line break with change of clef in another staff gene

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: A slur across a line break with change of clef in another staff generates bad output
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 13:29:43 +0200

Am 31.05.2015 um 10:06 schrieb Richard Shann:
On Sat, 2015-05-30 at 22:23 +0200, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Am 30.05.2015 um 18:10 schrieb Richard Shann:
Attached is a bit of LilyPond which has a slur over a line break. At the
same moment the clef is changing in the lower staff. The result is a
horribly broken slur start in the top staff.
I blindly applied the dragging-the-shape on this curve which generated
the commented out offsets. This results in something half-way
acceptable. The bug is sensitive to all sorts of things I think - this
was the most I managed to pare it down - reducing the font size made it
go away for example.

Questions:
        Is there special syntax for altering the shapes of the half-slurs at
the end and beginning of the line?
Yes, look for \alterBroken in the docs.
        Is this a known bug?
Yes, or at least partly so:
<https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3287> You may
comment in there, in case you have something to add.
Well, it looks like you have it covered there. FWIW I further whittled
my example down and found that varying the global-staff-size I could
vary the response markedly. Which is what the bug report is alluding to
when it says "in tight spacing situations" I guess.
Testing that is easiest using \paper { line-width = 50 } and compiling with different values.
Yours, Simon