Re: VoltaBracket flipped vertically

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: VoltaBracket flipped vertically
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 19:15:55 -0500

Hi,

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm trying to get VoltaBrackets to appear both above and below the Score. I've come up with the solution below, which works quite well, but I'd like to get the volta text to appear inside the bracket, as it does when VoltaBracket #'direction is not altered. Is there a way to do this? I can't seem to find a separate layout object for the volta text.
>>
>> %%% example starts
>>
>> \version "2.16.1"
>> <<
>>   \new Voice { \repeat unfold 12 { c' } }
>>   \new Dynamics \with {
>>     \consists "Volta_engraver"
>>     \override VoltaBracket #'direction = #-1
>>   } {
>>     \repeat volta 2 { s1 }
>>     \alternative { { s1 } { s1 } }
>>   }
>>>>

>> %%% example ends
>>
>> DR
>
> Hi all,
>
> I revive this (very) old thread, because of a request in the german Forum.

Noone with an idea?

> Is there really no other possibility than poking in the stencul-expr,
> which will likely break soon?

Well, looking at the stencil function in lily/volta-bracket.cc, it looks pretty simple to displace the number based on the direction of the bracket.  That way, you wouldn't have to accommodate broken volta brackets.

It looks like I'll have to update my LilyDev to compile anything, though.

Anyway, small point, but why not override 'stencil directly than go through 'after-line-breaking?

David