Re: combining simultaneous notes

From: Stephen MacNeil
Subject: Re: combining simultaneous notes
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 15:53:39 -0400

>What do you mean by ‘works’?

well what he posted .. The top looks like the bottom does! on "2.18.2"

>Well, this is clearly a hack. I’m surprised that Lily doesn’t complain. More precisely: it’s improper to use two voices and >fake the look of one voice by tweaking stem direction.

OK ....

>And it won’t work in any but the simplest cases.
>Also: please, for the sake of legibility, please put spaces around _every_ >{ and = and \\. The \\ should get a line of its >own, unless the entire <<>> _expression_ is placed on one line. It’s just >imprudent to be so greedy with space at the >expense of legibility, and if you’re publishing your code, it’s not a matter of >your personal preference alone.

:)

>Regards, Simon

Stephen

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 03.06.2015 um 21:19 schrieb Stephen MacNeil:
The example works on
What do you mean by ‘works’?

\version "2.18.2"

so i guess it's a "2.19.22" issue

I tested it on lilybin and this works in "2.19.21.... for your example anyway. not sure of "2.19.22" as i don't have it

\version "2.19.21"
aa={a4 b a b}
bb={a4 g a g}
\new Staff {
<<
  \aa\\
  \stemUp\bb
Well, this is clearly a hack. I’m surprised that Lily doesn’t complain. More precisely: it’s improper to use two voices and fake the look of one voice by tweaking stem direction. And it won’t work in any but the simplest cases. Also: please, for the sake of legibility, please put spaces around _every_ { and = and \\. The \\ should get a line of its own, unless the entire <<>> _expression_ is placed on one line. It’s just imprudent to be so greedy with space at the expense of legibility, and if you’re publishing your code, it’s not a matter of your personal preference alone.

Regards, Simon