Problem with shaping chord ties held over several measures

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Problem with shaping chord ties held over several measures
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 00:21:30 +0000

Hello LilyPonders,

I'm having a problem shaping ties of chords after more than one measure.  I have an internal voice that comes in on the third measure and the ties go right through it.  \shape doesn't seem powerful enough to handle this (at least I don't know the syntax).  Here's what the measures should look like:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_aEseOV9KTXVWNBamdSSDdSUFk/view?usp=sharing

And here's what I have, without any shaping:

\version "2.19.21"
\language "english"

% --- Music ---

highVoice = \relative {