Re: Bracket only some notes in a chord

From: Nick Baskin
Subject: Re: Bracket only some notes in a chord
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 13:34:43 -0700

Pierre,

That should work splendidly, thanks!

Nick

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Nick,

How about:

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c'' {
  \arpeggioBracket
  \once \override Arpeggio.positions = #'(-2.5 . -1.5)
  <fis, d a>\arpeggio

Pierre

Hey all,

I have a situation where I would like to use a square bracket (like the square arpeggio bracket) around only two notes in a piano chord to indicate that the pianist should play both of them with their thumb. I've tried searching the manuals, list archives, and LSR for snippets relating both to the arpeggio function and the parenthesize function, and so far I haven't been able to find anyone discussing how to do this. Does anyone here have any thoughts?

Many thanks,
Nick

--
And she forgot the stars, the moon, and sun,
And she forgot the blue above the trees,

— Keats, "Isabella, or the Pot of Basil"