Proper way to engrave variations

From: Calixte Faure
Subject: Proper way to engrave variations
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 17:23:22 +0200

Hi list,

Engraving some variations, I'd like every first line of a variation indented, like it is in most editions. (see
I could use new \score for each variations, but I think measure number should be continuous. As it is complicated (see : http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Continuous-numbering-across-includes-td177214.html), maybe there is a way to indent after a \break or between each include.
What would be the best way?
Also, what would the best way to mark the variation number at the beginning of each?

Thanks a lot, cheers,
Calixte.