Re: vero vio MEI to SVG

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: vero vio MEI to SVG
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:10:19 +0200

Am 12.06.2015 um 08:37 schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
> Hello list-members,
>
> this is just a short note about something, I came across these days.
> There is a library to convert MEI-xml to SVG:
> http://www.verovio.org/index.xhtml
>
> Lilypond can of course produce SVG by itself. But as mentioned on the
> website, the verovio-API invites to produce other out- and
> input-formats. Maybe this would be helpful for a converting lily to mei
> to lily?

Probably not, at least not directly.

Verovio is a really cool piece of software, but it won't help us in the
transition. What it *might* help wiht in the future is creating
graphical *content* editing features - but only *after* we have a
hypothetical two-way "live" conversion between LilyPond and MEI in place.

I have a pending post with an attached paper (basically an extended
version of my presentation at the Music Encoding Conference), which I'm
ready to publish on the blog, which will give a *few* details and more
context to this.

Best
Urs