Re: Q: How to resize a VaticanaVoice Staff ?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Q: How to resize a VaticanaVoice Staff ?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:36:55 +0200

Michael Gerdau <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you David,
>
> [sample snipped]
>
>> You need to override StaffSymbol outside of the \with block.  You also
>> need to specify its context:
>>
>> % bigger size
>> \new VaticanaVoice \with {
>>   fontSize = #5
>> } {
>>   \override Staff.StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep 5)
>>   \clef "vaticana-fa2"
>>   \music
>> }
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>
> I'm almost there. Now the neumen as well as the \divisioMinima are
> properly resized. What do I need to do to have this for the \clef as well ?
>
> Here the updated example:
> <-- snip -- snip -- snip -- snip -->
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \include "gregorian.ly"
>
> music = \relative c { e e \[ d\melisma \flexa c\melismaEnd \] \divisioMinima
> }
>
> % normal size
> \new VaticanaVoice {
>   \clef "vaticana-fa2"
>   \music
> }
>
> % bigger size
> \new VaticanaVoice \with {
>   fontSize = #5
> } {
>   \override Staff.StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep 5)
>   \clef "vaticana-fa2"
>   \music
> }
>
> % the same procedure for a "normal" Staff
> \new Staff {
>   \clef "treble"
>   \transpose c c'
>   \music
> }
> \new Staff \with {
>   fontSize = #5
>   \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep 5)
> } {
>   \clef "treble"
>   \transpose c c'
>   \music
> }
> <-- snip -- snip -- snip -- snip -->

You can perfectly well do this in a \with block, but your problem is
that you are doing it in the \with block for \VaticanaVoice.  Try using
\VaticanaStaff instead.  StaffSymbol, clefs, keys and so on all are
engraved at staff level, so overriding matter at _voice_ level only
makes sense for things like cue voices, optional material and other
stuff that is intended to look _different_ from the main stuff.

--
David Kastrup