question about multi measure rests from a blind user

From: Daniel Contreras
Subject: question about multi measure rests from a blind user
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 01:26:59 -0500

Hello all,
I was just curious as to what the difference is between the commands
\compressFullBarRests and \set Score.skipBars = ##t ?
I arranged some salsa charts that were performed over the weekend, My friend
who played trumpet mentioned that I had a rest that was 32 bars long. He told
me that the rests were not written in compressed form. What I had in my LY file
was something like ….
\score { \compressFullBarRests
 music….
 }
 Am I missing something else? Thanks for any help.

Daniel Contreras