Re: string numbers (fingering instructions) as roman numerals?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: string numbers (fingering instructions) as roman numerals?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 12:00:12 -0400

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:25:07 -0500
David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,

Thank you so much for your answer to my question re: string
letters instead of numbers. I have seen ringed letters in violin
music as well as in the guitar music of Villa Lobos. I don't think
HVL made it up. Using it I have found it superior to the
common usage. I think HVL reasoned that there is seldom a
cause to have to indicate the 1st string, but range makes
ambiguity no problem.

Sorry I missed your reply. Kindest regards, Rale

--
For All Guitar Beginners: The pages of very easy solos missing
from all of the published guitar methods of others.