After-line-breaking behavior?

From: Steven Weber
Subject: After-line-breaking behavior?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:12:32 -0700

Is there any way to guarantee that the order of items processed through after-line-breaking is the exact order they are in the score?  I’m doing some fun things with bar lines, and I’m having issues because my scheme code isn’t getting them in the order I expect.  In the attached file, for example, I expected that I would get the bar lines in order:  start repeat, end repeat, start repeat, end repeat, final bar line.  Instead, I get start repeat, end repeat, end repeat, start repeat, final.  If you comment out the break on line 40, it gets even odder:  start repeat, end repeat, final bar line, start repeat, end repeat.

I’ve tried with both 2.18.2 and 2.19.21 and get the same behavior, so this isn’t a regression – maybe I’m just not understanding how after-line-breaking works?

Thanks!

--Steven