Re: After-line-breaking behavior?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: After-line-breaking behavior?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 00:30:18 +0200

> Is there any way to guarantee that the order of items processed through
> after-line-breaking is the exact order they are in the score?  I’m doing
> some fun things with bar lines, and I’m having issues because my scheme code
> isn’t getting them in the order I expect.  In the attached file, for
> example, I expected that I would get the bar lines in order:  start repeat,
> end repeat, start repeat, end repeat, final bar line.  Instead, I get start
> repeat, end repeat, end repeat, start repeat, final.  If you comment out the
> break on line 40, it gets even odder:  start repeat, end repeat, final bar
> line, start repeat, end repeat.
>

> I’ve tried with both 2.18.2 and 2.19.21 and get the same behavior, so this
> isn’t a regression – maybe I’m just not understanding how
> after-line-breaking works?
>

> Thanks!
>

> --Steven

Testing your code, I get:

Unbroken bar line:  .|:
Unbroken bar line:  :|.
Unbroken bar line:  .|:
Unbroken bar line:  :|.
Left-broken bar line:  |.

That's exactly:
start repeat, end repeat, start repeat, end repeat, final bar line.

Am I missing something?

Anyway, are you sure you want to show 'glyph, not 'glyph-name?

Cheers,
  Harm