Re: A bunch of problems at score part changeover

From: 70147persson
Subject: Re: A bunch of problems at score part changeover
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:50:36 +0200

On 2015-06-18 11:18, David Kastrup wrote:
address@hidden writes:

Here is my LilyPond code so far. It does not produce the score
above. The ties and the double barline disappears.

[...]
\score {
   \unfoldRepeats
   {
     \new Voice {
       <<
         \brytmall

Processing `/tmp/tel.ly'
Parsing...
/tmp/tel.ly:52:9: error: unknown escaped string: `\brytmall'
\brytmall
/tmp/tel.ly:52:9: error: unrecognized string, not in text script or \lyricmode
\brytmall

Hi David and everybody,

Oh how stupid of me not to finally test the code before publishing. As you might see there are two \score blocks, the last one should be ereased. It is a remainder from earlier test versions. I had removed the definition of the variable brytmall but the reference was left in the wrong \score.

By the way: brytmall is Swedish for breaking template, which I often use for defining line and page breaks. It consists of only spacing and break commands.

So this should be the (hopefully) correct code:

\version "2.18.2"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

vA = \relative c' {
   \repeat volta 2 { c4 c c c }
   \alternative {
     { d4 d d d }
     { e4 e e <e g>~ }

vB = \relative g' {
  \bar ".|:"                     % (1)
  \repeat volta 2 { <e g>4 a a a }
}

vC = \relative g' {
%   \bar ".|:"                     % (2)
  \repeat volta 2 { c4 c c c }
}

newKey = \key g \major

noSig = \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff {
    \new Voice {
      <<
        {
          \vA
          \bar "||"
          \break
          <<
            \newKey \vB
%             \new Staff { \noSig \newKey \vC }     % (3)

  \layout { indent = #0 }
}

/Kaj