Re: Re: A bunch of problems at score part changeover, and another one

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Re: A bunch of problems at score part changeover, and another one
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:25:20 -0700 (MST)

Kaj,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM, 70147persson [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
However, when I should apply this on my real score, I stumbled over a new issue. I had not mentioned this, as I was not aware of it being a problem. How can I put an instrument name on the staves? Possibly I can have the name written at the first measure, but when the first staff is increased with another one, I cannot put a name on that. I can use \shortInstrumentName, but then I get the name written at every staff, and this is not what I want. Is there possibly a way to force a writing once, at the start of the new staff?

You bet. Try this for your snippet:

choirII = {
  s1*3 |
  \once \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Choir 2"
  c''4 c'' c'' c'' |
}

HTH,
Abraham