Re: Polyphonic notes slur solution

From: rsfjr
Subject: Re: Polyphonic notes slur solution
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 04:22:03 -0300

Thank you all!

@ Robin

I was trying with the code you and Nathan sent me, I am trying with this simple example before I make the modifications in a Forqueray's sonata formatting.

The problem was within Lyx. I tried with Frescobaldi and bare lilypond (ver. 2.18.2) and it worked fine.

Lyx was calling Lilypond with --safe option, which caused a crash, everytime a \override was placed.

@ all
The code works fine now, just need one more help, and I won't bother you anymore. I placed a \override Staff.Arpeggio.direction = 1 at the code, so that the arpeggio parenthesis would be at the right. It works OK, but, can it be mirroed? The parenthesis is pointed out the note pair.
Tried the \shape command and nothing was changed.

polyphonyArp = {
\override Staff.Arpeggio.stencil = #ly:arpeggio::brew-chord-slur
\override Staff.Arpeggio.X-extent = #ly:grob::stencil-width
\override Staff.Arpeggio.direction = 1
}

\new Staff \with {
\consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver" } {
\set Staff.connectArpeggios = ##t
\polyphonyArp
<<{ b'4\arpeggio}     \\     { g'4\arpeggio }   >>
}

All the Best!
Ronaldo

> Nathan Ho wrote:
>
>> % And, of course, the slur's too short vertically
>

> Adjust 0.3 to taste:
>
> \override Staff.Arpeggio #'positions = #(lambda (grob)
>   (interval-widen (ly:arpeggio::calc-positions grob) 0.3))

or:

\once \offset positions #'(-0.3 . 0.3) Staff.Arpeggio

\offset lacks documentation, though

Cheers,
  Harm